Monday, March 10, 2014

Strengthening the Base

Another week. Sorry, don't have too much time today, as I was working on someones speech for them (coughhannahcough) but I will hit you up with some highlights: (Sorry I can't send an individual email G&g Palmer-next week!)
-This area needs serious help with the members. We have decided that our investigators progressing towards baptism are amazing, and we will still visit them and everything, but what we really need to do is strengthen the base. The leaders need so much training. We literally need to take them by the hand and help them out. We had to talk to the YW president because she just left her YW and went to RS to bear her testimony. Things like that happen all the time. But the good news is that we are getting a new branch president, who will be younger than 85 years old, so that should help. We are going to make binders for all the organizations, with calendars, responsibilities and other things inside, so that might help. Mom, thats so up your alley, will you send me any ideas you have?

-Its getting.... less hot here. Kind of. Or I think we might be getting used to it. And, after an initial attack of 100+ mosquito bites, they have started to kind of leave me alone. I can still count on 3 or 4 new ones every day though. 

-The giant spiders in our room have disappeared. I think they are all under the bed. All of them. And their families. 

-We can't believe all the little secrets we are finding out here. This was the "punishment zone" for misbehaving elders before, so theres a lot that we discover every day.  I wont say any of them, but all I can say is the church is true, and thats all that matters. The church is true the church is true the church is true. 

-School started for everyone here today. Summer is over! Hahaha, all the kids looked so sad yesterday. Pobrecitos.

-I am so excited for Jaime and Steve! Congratulations on your new baby! I cant wait to hear what you are going to name her, and I will just relieve the both of you and say that you dont have to name her after me, I know, I know that you want to, but I just dont know if it would be a good idea. Famly reunions would get too confusing. I will just settle with my names as her middle name. (One name I have heard here that I do like is Aleida)

-We are here in Pedregal (where 1/2 of our zone is) and it's about an hour and a half away, and I believe we are going to play fùtbol today. We still don't have pictures in our area, but with how the internet is, I dont think you'll be getting pictures for awhile. Its not too bad here, but straight up awful in Corire.

Annddd.... well. Thats about all that I can think of. We are teaching a man names Renzo. He can do anything. He knows Japanese. Hes getting baptized next week , and then Zoila and her 12 year old son Gustavo are scheduled for the next. Pray for them, will you?
I still am having a blast with Hna Robinson. She is so awesome. I feel like my spanish and my teaching ability are growing like crazy and I love it. She's the best. Hopefully we get a picture to you soon!

Okay, keep the faith, keep on pushing on, I love you all so much! Can you believe that I'm almost halfway done?!?! AHHHH!
Hna Leavitt

No comments:

Post a Comment