Saturday, March 8, 2014

"It's okay, the mosquitos are probably really poor and dont have anything else to eat."

Hey family!! I am writing this email in the mission home, because today is when all the Zone Leaders and Sister Leaders come for Leadership training today and so we get the awesome chance to come back to Arequipa. I am so grateful, because this week has been TOUGH, and the idea of coming back to AQP really got me to today.

So, like I said, its really hot where I am, in Corire. The people all say that we get used to the heat, but I'm sure coming back here to the city wont help us adjust any faster. They also say that the mosquitoes stop biting you after awhile too. Did I ever tell you about my first day here? I got bit by mosquitoes in the mission home, and found out I was allergic to them, but I didn't want to tell you because I didn't want mom to think I was going to die, but anyways, I cant remember if I have told you or not, but anyways, I'm kind of allergic to these bugs. I don't hyperventilate or anything, they just swell up a lot, and itch a lot. So that's been fun.

Our little branch needs so much help. All the Priesthood holders are like 65+ years, and even though they are all great, we need some young people. And there are some crazy things that they teach that need some.... correcting. And even though it was overwhelming at first, we know that if we take everything one step at a time, we will help them.

Our valley is so beautiful. Its all agriculture. There are 7 rivers that empty into this valley, which means there are fields and fields and fields of rice. So much rice!!!! Sometimes we just go out with people and work in their fields with them, and its awesome. There have been Elders in this valley for years, so everyone knows about them, but there never ever have had sisters here, so we are kind of a curious group of girls to everyone here. Its cool, we get a lot of people to talk to us just from the pointing and stares.

They have a real piano in the church building!! Its kind of out of tune, because no one has played it in years, so that's kind of a neat addition that we can bring. I finally got my valentines day package and it was SO GREAT! It was perfect, in every single way. It couldn't have come at a better time.

Okay, there are other people waiting to use the computer for their families, so I need to go. I will finish by saying: I LOVE MY COMPANION. Hermana Robinson is the absolute best. She is such a powerful missionary, and I learn so much from her every single day. We are becoming really good friends, and our teaching gets better and more in sync every lesson. I love her so much, and I hope that we get to be together for a long time.

I cant believe that I hit my halfway mark in about 2 weeks. Ahhh!!


Okay, I love you all, I am alive, and healthy. Sorry to my sisters, that I don't have time again to email them. I love them you all so much!!!

Hermana Leavitt

No comments:

Post a Comment