Monday, July 21, 2014

A Floral Division

Its crazy how fast the time flies, isn't it? Every time I sit down to write I think to myself "wait, wasn't I here just the other day?" But here I am again, to tell you all about my awesome week-

-We had consejo this past week, and as usual- it was great. We talked a lot about the Savior, about obtaining Christlike Attributes, and about the Sacrament. The last one especially gave me a lot to think about, and I find myself pondering a lot more during the week and on Sundays about what the Sacrament means to me. There is so much beautiful symbolism in every aspect, there is just so much that someone can draw from it if they just look. For me, the sacrament is the personification of the Atonement. We know that through Christ and His sacrifices for us we can overcome the two types of death that entered into this world with the Fall- physical and spiritual, and if you think about the Sacrament prayers, they address the two- the body that was sacrificed that by which we can all resurrect, and the blood that was shed so that we can all repent and be clean again to stand in Gods presence. I have a whole page of notes that I will send in my next letter that talk more about it- let me know your thoughts, will you?

But, overall, consejo was awesome, I got to see Hna Robinson again. :)

-Our area is doing pretty good. We had a week where a lot of people made a lot of empty promises, but we are excited to find some new people this week that are actually willing to progress. I love my companion, and am so grateful to have her.

-One time we were walking in front of this garage shop, and the guys out in front thought that they were so funny, so they cleaned the ground in front of us as we went by with the air compressor that they had been using. We laughed so hard afterwards.

-I went on divisions to a place called "Graficos" with a sister named Hna Flora, and I had such a blast! She is one of the most genuinely happy people that I have ever met, and just by being around her, I felt lifted up. She has so much light in her, and I have a theory that by spending time with her, someone  can have "Happiness Osmosis" where her happiness just makes you happy. I had a really cool teaching experience with her, where we read the story where Moses rejects Satan's temptations to worship him with a less active who was drinking again. I didn't even know that I knew where the story was- but I just opened right to it without thinking. Now we know- Pearl of Great Price, first chapter. It was so powerful. But anyways- I love these sisters so much, and I learn so much from them every time that I go on divisions!

- Next Monday, we have an awesome Sister Training planned, for just our girls. We are going to eat lunch in the mission home, take pictures in traditional Peruvian clothing, watch Frozen, and then have a spiritual training, focused on the savior. I have to do a pretty big part, where I make a small sacrifice for each of the girls, in an Atonement object lesson, that I'm pretty nervous for, because Im not all that strong anymore, but I suppose that "greater love hath no man than to do an object lesson for his friend." I  will tell you more about it after its over.

-That's something we talked a lot about in Consejo too, that the only way that we can really start to develop these Christlike attributes, we have to come to understand who he really is. And, being halfway through "Jesus the Christ" for a second time, I can testify that is true counsel. I know that He lives and loves each of us so much. And I feel like I am lucky enough to get a small taste of that love that He has for His children by the love that I feel for the people here in Peru. And for my family and friends at home.

-We are going as a zone to a place called "Sogay" (pronounced "Sogai") which is supposed to be really beautiful. I know, I laughed at the name too. I will send you pics next week!

I love you all so much, and I hope that you have a fantastic week!


Hna Leavitt


Making tacos with a member, and then eating them.



No comments:

Post a Comment