Monday, August 19, 2013

1,2,3,4 I declare a thumb war!

August 19, 2013

Hey- Two months! Today! That´s crazy.

Familia! I´m doing much better this week. I think it´s because I am starting to learn to be patient with myself and my companion is learning to be patient with my limited abilities tambien. So that's helped a lot.

We had an awesome Zone Conference this week, with Pres Zobrist, and he is seriously so awesome. I heard exactly what I needed to hear to have my spirits lifted. He talked a lot about opposition, and my life is nothing but filled with lots of opposition right now. The language mostly, but there are other things as well. Like tradition. Catholicism runs deep, deep, deep here, and sometimes, because their parents and their parents parents were a certain religion, people don't want to look for something else. We´re not trying to tear down their religion, we´re simply inviting others to study something else, pray about it, and receive an answer for themselves. So we´re trying to think of different ways to make people want to listen, which is a bit difficult when all I know how to say is "somos misioneras, somos representantes de JesuCristo" but I´m working on it.

Random experiences this week:

-I taught my comp how to play 1,2,3,4, I declare a thumb war, and she went nuts and wants to play it every night.
-I gave a talk in sacrament meeting about member missionary work and I think it went okay. I think it was like on the other side of heaven when people just smile and nod to be nice when they don't understand, or when I say something terribly wrong.
- My companion almost died of jealousy at those scripture stickers you sent me mom. She asked me to ask you for some. Seriously, she is envious to an extreme. I can't put them in my scriptures in front of her, cause she just stares at me.
-My zone is straight up jealous of all the stuff I get from  home. But I share whatever I can with them. :)
-The Daughter of a King book is seriously my favorite, and I´m working on translating it as we speak. Well, not right now, Right now I´m writing you all.
-I was on a bus for small people (aka every one else in this country) and we went over a speed bump going way too fast and I hit my head on the ceiling so hard. It literally rocked my world. I thought I was going to die. Well, not really, but I do have a nice bump on my head now.
-We walk so much. My feet are going to be as strong as Frodos by the time I get home.
-There´s a young woman, 18, who wants to be baptized so much, but she´s handicapped, in a wheelchair, limited movement of arms, but she has such a special spirit and we´re going to work really hard this week to have her baptized soon,

I love it here. It´s hard, but I´m in the service of my God and there´s no where else I´d rather be.

Well, I´ll talk to you next week!

You are all amazing. Read the scriptures, pray as a family. We´re in good hands, huh?

Hermana Leavitt



No comments:

Post a Comment