Sunday, July 14, 2013

I love it here in the CCM


Hola mi Familia!!!
Another week down!! This time I wrote down some points to chat about beforehand, so my email isnt as scattered in my limited amount of time!
-Teaching with Hna V is getting sooooo much better! We´re finally getting some comp unity, and it has come through being super diligent in our comp studies, and sharing our thoughts and testimonies with each other way more than we used to. So that's exciting. Our Spanish is still more broken than Taylor Swiftt´s heart after a breakup, but we´re getting better. I'm getting better at listening to the investigator, because I thought I would be good at that but PSYCH! Turns out I'm not the best. Or near the best. But its cool, because this is a TRAINING center, where fools like me can get it straight! :)
-The weather here sits on a throne of lies. You look outside and think "Oh, what a lovely day, I´ll walk around without a sweater!" And then you go outside and its freezing! I don't understand humidity. And I don't know if I ever want to.
-The 4th of July celebration we had was fun. Also, my comp got a little package that had bubblewrap in it, so we would go around to people and I would do my weird "wind whistling through the canyon" whistle that I can do, and then she would pop the bubblewrap. So basically, we made fireworks.
-I participated in my first ever legitimate 24 hour fast. And I didn't even die! Haha, I thought it was going to be so hard, but it wasn't that difficult. I fasted for a few specific things, and it actually really strengthened my testimony of fasting.
-So, don't send anything else to the CCM, because I probably wont get it in time. But its cool, I'm good without letters for a bit. I have that awesome album that you all gave me before I left and that will get me by. I also have dads mission journal, which is always good for a laugh. Also mom, the 2nd floor of the hermanas dormitory has now seen a picture of you in ´89 that says "Merry Christmas Baby!" next to it. Hahaha.
- I am loving it here in the CCM! I think im gonna have difficulty leaving it, not because I don't want to serve, but because its just such a great place to be!!! I love the other hermanas in my district. We all get along so well, its almost like one of those kindred spirit things. But, I'm already halfway done here (yikes!) so I better resign myself to the fact that I cant be here forever. Seriously though, I love every minute here. (Even when I have to wake up at 5:45 for the temple and don't get any naps.)
-I learned something new in personal study, about praying in the name of Christ. I was just wondering, should an investigator want to know why we pray in Christs name- what would I say. I did some research and thinking, and Ive kind of decided that because He is always such an advocate for us, when we pray in His name, He in turn prays to the Father for us. There's actually a scripture in John about it if you wanna try and find it. Also, in the BD for ¨prayer¨ it says that praying in the name of Christ is more than just using His name, but is actually praying for things that He would pray for.
-I'm in Helaman now for my BOM study, and I hope I can finish the whole things before I leave. Alma was so awesome though, I loved reading it!! I found a chapter that really speaks to me right now- Alma 29. Alma wants to be an Angel so he can more effectively bring people into the Gospel, but then he says that he should have this desire, because then hes wanting for more than what God has given him to fulfill his calling. And thats basically me with Spanish. I wan the gift of tongues and I want it now, but I know that Heavenly Father will give me what I need when I need it. Read over it together and think of me- will you?
Alright mom, Ill close with the testimony that you want for your girls camp thing-
I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior. He is my Brother. He is my Friend. Without Him and His help, I wouldn't be able to accomplish anything. Being on my mission, and teaching lessons on the Plan of Salvation has made this even more apparent to me. We literally would be lost without Him, because as natural men, we all fall into sin, and since God cannot dwell in unholy  temples, we would be forever lost, but our Savior, our Brother, paid the price for our freedom. We have been given a gift, the Atonement, and I know that through it, and because of it, we are able to have Eternal Life, if we so choose. Think about what a gift is, will you? It is something that has been bought and paid for. Our Savior has literally paid the ultimate price for all of us, and we need to remember that, and use that gift as often as we are able. I know He lives. I know he loves every single one of you. And if you ever for a moment think that you're the only one who is going through what you have to go through or the only one that has to feel the things you feel, please realize that there is someone else who knows you better than you know yourself. And He is Jesus Christ. I love you all! In teh name of Jesus Christ, amen.
I love you all so much! Please keep me updated!!
Hermana Leavitt

No comments:

Post a Comment